Heyday is an independent, nonprofit publisher and a unique cultural institution. Heyday promotes widespread awareness and celebration of California’s many cultures, landscapes, and boundary-breaking ideas. Through well-crafted books, public events, and innovative outreach programs, Heyday is building a vibrant community of readers, writers, and thinkers.
As part of Heyday’s sales and marketing team, the intern will become an integral part of a bustling small publishing house. Heyday will tailor this experience to help the intern acquire valuable skills that are important in both the publishing and nonprofit world. Specific tasks will be designed with the interns’ strengths and desired growth areas in mind. The intern can expect to help promote our Fall/Winter upcoming titles by writing copy, sending out e-blasts, and coordinating events; and providing administrative support such as mailings and data management. The intern will be invited to all staff meetings, luncheon seminars with invited speakers on various topics, and will have the opportunity to conduct informational interviews with staff members across all departments.
- Write copy for use in Heyday’s catalog and website
- Draft, design, and execute e-blasts
- Maintain event and individual contact information in Salesforce
- Research venues and pitch author events
- Complete mailings as needed
- Lead event execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Resourceful self-starter
HTML a plus. Experience with putting events or club meetings together not necessary but helpful.