California 100 Presents: California's Fiscal and Governance Future
Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
The Bill Lane Center for the American West at Stanford
Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at Stanford
Virtual Panel Details:
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- RSVP through this Eventbrite link
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Location: The Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (John A. and Cynthia Fry Gunn Building, 366 Galvez St, Stanford, CA 94305)
- RSVP here for in-person event
Watch the Virtual Panel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFEYXd4neVu1SgPEs-UjcOA
About this event
Join California 100 for a panel commemorating the release of the initiative's fourth round of policy and scenario reports this spring focused on the future federalism, fiscal reform and governance in the golden state.
Panelists include the following California 100 research partners & more!
- Bruce Cain, Professor of Political Science at Stanford and Director of the Bill Lane Center for the American West
- Francis Fukuyama, Professor of Political Science, Stanford & Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI)
- Jonathan Mehta Stein, Executive Director, California Common Cause
- Patrick Murphy, public policy consultant and a Fellow at the Opportunity Institute
- Louise W. Bedsworth, Executive Director for Center for Law, Energy, and the Environment
- Karthick Ramakrishnan, Executive Director for California 100
The panel is being sponsored by leading California academic institutions, including the:
- UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy
- Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
- Opportunity Institute
- The Bill Lane Center for the American West at Stanford
- Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at Stanford
The goal of California 100 is to lift up and support transformative ideas, people and projects that accelerate progress with a focus on inspiring a vision and strategy for California’s next century that is innovative, sustainable, and equitable. In addition to sponsoring original work, the California 100 Platform will promote the best of what is happening in California. Through these various projects and activities, California 100 seeks to move California towards an aspirational vision—changing policies and practices, attitudes and mindsets, for a more vibrant future.
In total, California 100 will release 15 issue & future scenarios reports throughout the Spring of 2022. Additional reports will be released through the end of 2022.